These vegetarian spicy black bean taco wraps are perfect for Meatless Mondays or anytime you want to get a plant-based meal on the table in around 20 minutes.
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Optional: ½ medium red bell pepper, finely diced
- Guacamole Ingredients:
- 2 large ripe avocados, pitted
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 3 Tablesppons fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- ½ medium jalapeño, finely diced Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add beans, water, cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, cayenne, and Mexican oregano. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the beans are warmed through and the spices become fragrant, around 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- While the beans are cooking, mash the avocado in a small glass or other non-reactive bowl. Add tomato, lime juice, fresh cilantro, and jalapeño. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Transfer warm beans to a bowl and add diced bell pepper, if using. Sprinkle with additional spices, if desired. Serve immediately with large lettuce leaves for wrapping, along with fresh guacamole and this spicy mango salsa. Enjoy!
Iceberg, butter, or Romaine lettuce leaves for wrapping