- 3 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 3 large firm apples, cubed
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4-5 cups chicken broth, preferably organic, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.
- Combine butternut squash, apples, red onion, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, and melted coconut oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine.
- Spread seasoned butternut squash mixture onto prepared baking sheet and spread into a single layer. Place in pre-heated oven and roast until squash is fork tender, approximately 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly before transferring one quarter of the roasted veggie mixture to a high-powered blender. Add one cup of chicken broth to container and blend until smooth. Add a little more broth, if necessary, to reach desired consistency.
- Transfer puree to a large soup pot and repeat process with remaining vegetables and chicken broth. Turn heat to medium and cook, stirring frequently, until soup is heated through, approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and adjust seasonings, as desired, before serving. Enjoy!