These gluten-free, keto Meatloaf Muffins would be ideal for a party or a picnic.
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ lbs. ground beef (80%)
- ¼ cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 large celery stalk, finely chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons coconut flour*
- ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoons onion powder
- 1 Tablespoons tomato paste 2 t. Italian seasoning
- 1 Tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- ¾ cup Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F and spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine all ingredients together with your hands, except for the shredded cheese.
- Divide beef mixture into 12 equal-sized portions and place into the prepared muffin tin openings. Place in pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the meat is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and carefully drain excess moisture off the top of each muffin by gently tipping the tray over your sink. Wipe excess liquid off top of muffin tin and top each muffin with the shredded cheese.
- Return to oven for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and starts to turn golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for several minutes before removing muffins from tin. Serve immediately or freeze for later use. Enjoy!
Ground beef can be a bit dry and flavorless on its own. For this recipe, a small amount of finely chopped onion is added to remedy this. As a result, some excess moisture will rise to the top of these meatloaf muffins as they bake. This is normal and easily remedied by carefully draining off the excess moisture before adding the cheese as described in Step 4 below.