It’s just about every bloke’s dream to have a home gym but us ladies wouldn’t mind one too. Just think there are no excuses and you don’t have to work out the sweaty face/makeup thing as no one would see you. I know since I started creating my home gym I actually use it more because it’s so much easier
But the price can be a bit eye-watering. It can also be confusing when you try to figure out which equipment is best, what bells and whistles you need, and how you can maximize your space to get the equipment that is right for you. So I have some leg work for you and hope you consider these equipment options that are affordable and can get your home gym off to the right start.
Resistance bands are an ideal option to start a home gym. You can get them in packs that contain several levels of resistance. These bands can act as an alternative to kettlebells or weights. They can also be used with a variety of workouts including at home cardio workouts where your arms are free for resistance training. These workouts are options like walking in the home. Resistance bands take up very little room and are versatile making them a must-have for at home gyms with limited space and budgets.
✅You can see the top 10 bestseller resistance brands here
Kettlebells can be an ideal alternative to other, much larger, gym equipment. They are also ideal for starting an at home gym. You can use kettlebells to do upper body, lower body, and core workouts. They can help you with strength training, weight training, and dropping pounds. You can also use various techniques to help build your cardio as well. Overall, a few kettlebells in varying sizes can take up a small amount of room and give you exactly what you need for an at home workout.
You can see the top 10 bestseller kettlebells here
A weight bench may not seem like a must have but it can serve multiple uses for your home gym. One of the ways you can use a weight bench is for arm curls and arm workouts. You can lay on your back and give your arms free movement to work with weights or kettlebells. You can also use the weight benches for stretches, dips, and for other similar workouts. You also can find weight benches at thrift stores or used, saving you money and giving you a piece of equipment that can be easily upgraded later.
You may be wondering about all-in-one equipment options. The truth is, some of these options are ideal for small spaces, but may not give you the type of workout you want. By going with different pieces of simple equipment, you can form a workout routine that works for you and your lifestyle. You also leave yourself room to change your routine and add different workouts to your routine.
You can see the top ten bestseller weight bench here
At-Home Circuit Training Tips
You have narrowed down that you need to workout at home. You have even narrowed down the types of workouts you need to handle. What you landed in is at-home circuit training. The problem is, you may not know how to start and how to make the plan work for you. Here are a few at-home circuit training tips that you should keep in mind. These can help you get started, stay on track, and make this type of workout work for you.
Create a No Equipment Circuit
The first tip would be to start your at-home circuit training with no equipment. This may sound odd, but using your own body weight and your own body can help you greatly. It will allow you to get used to the circuits, memorize what works best for you, and then add the equipment you need. You will also avoid using equipment that you don’t need or making purchases for workout equipment that you don’t need.
Start off with Lower Intensity
Start off with a lower intensity workout plan. For example, instead of starting out with high weights and dozens of reps, work yourself up to it. Start off with doing a few rounds and under twenty reps each. This will let you build up on it and get your body used to what you are doing. It will also let you gauge what time frame works best for you. For example, you may find that working out at a certain level and circuit means you can fit in a workout in under 30 minute while just a few more reps may jump your workout to almost an hour. You also are giving yourself room to improve instead of maxing out when you start.
Keep to Shorter Workouts
Try to keep your workouts shorter at first. This goes hand in hand with lower intensity to start off with. Just keep your workouts to around 30 minutes. This allows you to get your circuit in and see what needs improvement. It also will give you an idea of what you can do in a short amount of time if you need to change it up later and go for longer or shorter workouts due to work changes or lifestyle changes.
By keeping these tips in mind and working each one into your at-home circuit training, you can come up with the best possible workout solution for your needs. You will also find it easier to increase the intensity of your workouts and adjust them as needed.
At-Home Workout Equipment and Accessories
If you are in search of new workout equipment for your home gym, this top 20 list will be a huge time-saver!
1. Simply Fit Board
This is a really neat workout balance board you can add to your home gym. It is less than $40 and is a small size, so it fits under the bed or in any closet. The balance board allows you to tone your body while using the pivoting action. It is also portable and lightweight, so feel free to travel with it!
- Unique Twisting Motion And Balance Board Pivoting Action Helps Engage & Tone Entire Body
- Helps To Strengthen Abs, Legs, And More!
- Lightweight, Portable, And Stores Away Easily!
- Unit measures 26"L x 11"W x 3/4"D; weighs 3 lbs; supports up to 400 lbs
- "INCLUDES: USER GUIDE AND WORKOUT DVD"
2. Fit Simplify Resistance Loop Bands
Resistance bands are a great way to tone and stretch your body without having to use expensive equipment. This set of 5 resistance bands is from Fit Simplify. You can get these bands for a low price, and they also come with a bag to carry them in and an eBook for learning how to use them.
- HIGH END EXERCISE BANDS: our 12" by 2" heavy duty resistance loop bands are made of 100% natural latex - free of non-natural Thermoplastic Elastomer (TPE) - and come in 5 varying resistance levels. This makes them perfect whether you are just starting to workout or a seasoned workout warrior. Our extra light and light bands are great for beginners, while our medium, heavy and extra heavy exercise bands are targeted for more intermediate and advanced strength training.
- GREAT WITH ANY WORKOUT: this resistance band set can be integrated seamlessly with every popular workout program including P90x, Insanity, Crossfit, Beach Body, Yoga, Pilates and more. Or use them for general exercise, stretching, strength training, power weight programs. The included carry bag makes it easy to take your bands with you and do any workout away from home or your home gym.
- MULTIPLE USES: while these resistance bands are often used for sports and fitness, physical therapists love these physical therapy bands (rehab bands) to help them rehabilitate their patients. Our stretch bands work especially well for people suffering from leg, knee and back injuries and help in recovery from torn MCL and ACL, knee replacement, patella and meniscus rehab. They are also perfect for use by women during pregnancy and after birth to keep their bodies in shape.
- SUPERIOR QUALITY: all of our exercise resistance bands are thoroughly tested before we ship them out to you. This ensures your bands are easy on skin and free from defects and will provide you with a worry free experience. Take a look at our bonus instructional booklet and eBook, where we include dozens of different illustrated exercises that demonstrate how to use our resistance bands for legs, arms, back, shoulders, ankles, hips and stomach. Bonus access to our online VIDEO workout guide.
- LIFETIME GUARANTEE: we stand by the quality of our exercise bands, and if they don't work out for you for any reason then send it back to us for your full money back. We know you will love them! To enjoy your premium resistance bands, click 'Add to Cart' now.
3. Black Mountain Resistance Bands Set
Another excellent resistance bands set is this one from Black Mountain Products. These are extremely high-rated on Amazon and include an exercise chart, door anchor, ankle strap, and a carrying case.
- Bands Included: Yellow (2-4 lbs.), Blue (4-6 lbs.), Green (10-12 lbs.), Black (15-20 lbs.) and Red (25-30 lbs.). All bands are 48 inches in length
- This stackable set of resistance bands can produce up to 75 LBS
- Features a metal clipping system on bands for attachment to soft-grip handles or ankle straps
- Includes a door anchor, exercise chart, carrying bag, ankle strap and starter guide
- All Black Mountain Products come with a manufacturer's lifetime warranty
4. Zumba Fitness Incredible Slimdown DVD System
Zumba is a really fun dance workout system that lets you burn calories and get a fit body while having fun. For less than $25, you get 5 different Zumba workout DVDs, including the popular Super Cardio Dance Party.
- Dance yourself fit w/ this 5 DVD total-body workout! High-energy bursts help burn fat by combining cardio & interval training w/ serious fun.
- Burn up to 1000 calories with Super Cardio Dance Party, Latin and Global Burst DVDs feat. cardio interval bursts to deliver a fat-burning kick.
- Get ready to sweat your butt off w/ Zumba Max DVD, a super high-energy live class, feat. crazy-fun dance moves, designed to burn a ton of calories.
- See results fast, feel more confident and transform yourself into a happier, healthier you. Feat. a Weekly Workout Planner, Healthy recipes & more.
- SOLE CONTROL WRAPS: Slip 'em on over your favorite sneakers to increase your range of movement and allow you to slide, pivot and turn with ease.
5. DYNAPRO Exercise Ball
Exercise balls provide a lot of different benefits, from allowing you to do ab workouts, to using them for yoga and Pilates. This exercise ball can hold a lot of weight and has an anti-slip and anti-burst quality. It comes with the pump and is available in a variety of colors.
- ANTI-BURST TESTED at 2000lbs able to stand up to the most rigorous workout conditions. This ball will not burst if punctured, it will slowly deflate.
- 5 STAR CUSTOMER SERVICE RATING- By DynaPro Direct
- SUPERIOR DURABILITY- 1877 Micro Meters Thick- Strong enough to use as a daily Exercise Ball Office Chair and a Fitness Ball for Women and Men: Sizes come in 55cm, 65cm, 75cm
- EXERCISE BALL GUARANTEED to be the Highest Quality Material on the Market Today. 100% Money back guarantee if you are not satisfied.
- PROFESSIONAL GRADE Fitness Ball inclusing a Pump, Plug, and Plug Remover Tool- Highest Quality PVC Material
6. Yokirin Skipping Jump Rope
Jump ropes might seem simple, but they provide massive benefits for exercising. They use your entire body and are a lot harder to use than you might imagine. This jump rope by YOKIRIN is very high-quality and will last a long time. It is about 10 feet in length.
7. AmazonBasics Yoga and Exercise Mat
Exercise mats are great for yoga, but also for any other floor exercises. You can use this comfortable º-inch mat for yoga, Pilates, weightlifting, and any other floor exercises you want to do. It is less than $20 and a best-selling product.
8. Weighted Hula Hoop
Another fun exercise item that you can add to your home gym is this weighted hula hoop. It is used for exercises at home, such as interval training where you use different equipment, like your exercise ball, indoor trampoline, jump rope, and then the hula hoop. Plus, it can be a lot of fun! The weight is about 3.9 pounds.
- Bonus: Sports Hoop Workout DVD Included.
- GS certified. Exceeds international safety and quality standards.
- For adults. Easy way to both have fun and adopt a healthy lifestyle.
- Maximizes weight loss and improves workout results. Weighs 3.9 pounds (1.8 kg) and measures 41 inches (104cm) across. Comfortable foam paddings. High quality plastic.
- Easily attachable/detachable into 8 smaller pieces. Great for storage and easy to carry around.
9. Perfect Fitness Pushup Elite
If you are interested in arm workouts, you will probably like this Pushup Elite product from Perfect Fitness. It is a pushup stand that rotates a little bit and lets you learn how to do pushups while on the ground. There are ergonomic grips to make it more comfortable.
- Pushup stand designed to rotate slightly, engaging more muscles and increasing strength and definition in arms, shoulders, chest, back and abs
- Ergonomic grips help distribute weight evenly, reducing pressure points and joint strain on wrists and elbows
- Built to last construction with smooth rotation and steel ball bearing system. Treads on bottom of handles securely grip all floor surfaces
- Weight Vest ready, 400-Pound weight capacity; also called the Perfect V2 Pushup
- Dimensions: 10 inches x 8.25 inches x 6.2 inches; weight: 4 pounds
10. Perfect Fitness Ab Carver Pro
Another product by Perfect Fitness you should try out is the Ab Carver Pro. As far as ab rolling machines go, this is one of the top-rated. You place it on the ground, get down on your knees, then move the wheel forward, then backward.
- Ultra-wide ab roller with built-in resistance and ergonomic handles to help maximize results of ab roll-out exercises
- Interior kinetic engine uses a carbon steel spring to provide resistance and amplify abdominal and arm workout
- Ultra-wide wheel tread offers stability when carving left, right or center for targeted work on obliques
- Ergonomic hand grips are angled to activate arm and core muscles; handles are removable for easy storage and transport
- Includes high-density foam kneepad for superior comfort; downloadable 21-day workout plan; 1-year manufacturer warranty
11. Dumbbell Set With Stand
Every home gym should have items you can use for weightlifting. You might want different dumbbells of different weights, which is where this product comes in. There are 3 different dumbbells, including 2 pound, 3 pound, and 5 pound dumbbells. There is also a stand to hold them on.
- 3 pairs of dumbbells in 2-pound, 3-pound, and 5-pound sizes
- Ideal for resistance training
- Neoprene coating on weights allow for a secure grip
- Made for indoor and outdoor use
- Easy-to-assemble weight stand included
12. CAP Barbell Vinyl-Coated Kettlebell
Kettlebells allow you to get an excellent arm and shoulder workout, while also burning calories and building muscle. This is one of the higher-rated kettlebells available. It is moderately priced and coated in vinyl so it will last a long time. You can see the top 10 bestseller kettlebells here
- Helps develop strength, power, endurance and balance.
- Protective vinyl shell to prevent wear and tear.
- Great option for getting a whole body workout in a short time.
13. Marcy Utility Flat Bench
To go with your dumbbells, you might want a weight bench. This flat weight bench is easy to afford, and a good size for fitting in your home gym. It has a powder coated finish and high-density foam to keep the top comfortable.
14. Giantex Ball Balance Trainer
Balance balls are not like regular exercise balls, because they are in a half-moon shape. The bottom is flat to keep it secure on the ground, but the top is rounded for you to stand on. You can practice yoga and other workouts with the balance trainer, turning everything into a full-body workout. It also includes a pump.
15. Bowflex Home Gym
Bowflex has often been known as the best brand for full-body workout machines, as the model PR1000 is no different. This Bowflex provides you with a full-body workout, including a rowing machine attached. There are 30 different exercises you can do with just this one machine.
- Get a total body strength workout with affordable home gym, includes rowing machine rail
- Provides as little as five or as many as 210-Pounds of resistance
- Over 30 strength exercises
- Includes horizontal bench press and lat pull down
- 300-Pound maximum user weight, requires 100 x 78-Inch minimum workout area
16. Weslo Cadence Treadmill
A treadmill is great because you can walk, jog, or run in the comfort of your home, without worrying about weather conditions outside. This is an excellent treadmill with a space-saving design, so you can even put it in your bedroom and have enough space. There is a two-position incline as six different personal training workouts included.
- 2.25 HP Impulse Motor: Train at your speed with a motor that delivers consistent power to any type of workout - intervals, speed, or endurance training. iFit Ready Teachnology*: Connect your tablet to get the immediate benefits of built-in iFit technology, such as real-life routes via Google Maps, new workouts every day, and customized professional programs. *Requires membership, sold separately
- 16" x 50" Tread Belt Stretch out your stride on this 16-inch x 50-inch deck. Perfect for users of all heights, you'll be comfortable while you reach your goals. Comfort Cell Cushioning Reduce stress on your joints and increase workout comfort with this unique treadmill deck, designed with a layer of cushioning for maximum stride impact absorption.
- 2-Position Adjustable Incline Featuring a convenient two-position incline, this treadmill helps you personalize your workout for better results. SpaceSaver Design Fold it up and walk away - in one easy step. With our SpaceSaver treadmill you free up precious floor space. Because when you're done, you're done.
- Integrated Tablet Holder Train with the latest technology at your fingertips. This device shelf keeps your tablet secure and conveniently close so you have access to all your training tools and entertainment must-haves. Large LCD Window Keep an eye on key stats with three display settings. From RaceTrack" to Matrix, you'll enjoy the large LCD window display.
- 0-10 MPH QuickSpeed Boost your speed incrementally up to 10 mph and get the intensity you need for any performance workout. 6 Workout Apps Work toward your fitness goals with workouts designed by a certified personal trainer. Each workout will help you reach your goals with preset speed, incline, and time settings.
17. Schwinn Elliptical Machine
The 430 Elliptical machine by Schwinn is a great addition to your home gym. You can use this machine for both an upper and lower body workouts, which is how it is different from a treadmill. There are 22 different workout programs you can try with this elliptical. You can check out the top 10 bestseller elliptical machines here
18. Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike
Here is a great exercise bike to use at home. It is moderately priced and a smaller size, soy ou can fit it just about anywhere. The stationary bike holds up to 200 pounds with a large seat cushion and adjustable height. It also has a hand pulse monitor.
- WEIGHT CAPACITY: Up to 136 kg. Intended to be used on the hard flat floor.
- SEATING COMFORT: Large seat cushion for people of any size, easily adjustable to fit anywhere from 5'3 inch to 6'1 inch (1,61m bis 1,86m) users. HEART RATE: Hand Pulse Monitor
- COMPACT DESIGN: Folds for storage and can moved with the included transportation wheels
- TENSION RESISTANCE: An 8 level Magnetic Tension control system, allows the user to adjust the tension level for an easier or more difficult workout.
- FOLDING CAPABILITY: The bike will fold to at least 1/2 the size as when fully assembled, so it is uniquely compact.
19. Stamina Folding Trampoline
Indoor trampolines are really popular right now because they are small, affordable, and fun to use. You can turn your workout into a fun activity by jumping on this 36-inch indoor trampoline. It is also foldable, so you can keep it in a closet or under your bed when not in use.
- 36-inch folding trampoline offers effective, safe, progressive way to exercise
- Product Weight: 14 lbs; Weight Limit: 250 lbs.
- 36-inch diameter, rugged all-steel frame construction, six detachable rubber-tipped legs, and heavy-duty rebounding surface with safety pad
- Thirty-band tension resistance; each band is two inches wide for durability and stability
- Includes limited manufacturers warranties of one year on frame and 90 days on parts
20. Sunny Health and Fitness Rowing Machine
Another workout equipment you might want to have at home is a rowing machine. This one is under $300, but still made of really high-quality materials. It contains anti-slip foot pedals, a strong and durable steel design, and LCD screen display. You can also check out the top 10 bestsellers rowing machines here
- Magnetic tension system with 8 levels of adjustable resistance
- Large LCD console displays Time, Count, Calories, Total Count and Scan
- Fully padded seat and non-slip grip handlebars for optimal comfort
- Large anti-slip foot pedals with adjustable foot straps for secure footing
- Built in transportation wheels for easy portability, maximum user weight 113 KG
Last update on 2018-12-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API