Tip: This tasty dessert is delicious and satisfying by itself or paired with whipped cream or your favorite frozen yogurt or ice cream.
- 3 Tablespoon unsalted butter, melted (plus extra for greasing)
- 2 large apples, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoon pure maple syrup, divided
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a small baking dish with a little butter. Set aside.
- Toss the apples with the cinnamon and a tablespoon of maple syrup and pour into the prepared baking dish. Spread apple mixture into an even layer and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the almond flour, melted butter, and remaining maple syrup. Stir to combine thoroughly, then evenly spread the mixture over the cinnamon apples.
- Place in the pre-heated oven and bake until the topping is golden brown and the apples are tender, approximately 25 - 30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for a couple minutes before serving. Enjoy!